LALP Custom Programs
In collaboration with the McDonough School of Business executive education office, the Latin America Leadership Program (LALP) partners with institutions and companies to design distinct leadership programs based on their professional development needs and business objectives. Programs are implemented on campus or throughout the region.
LALP has several advantages when it comes to developing and executing leadership programs, including:
- focus on training leaders to transform the world;
- commitment to values, critical thought, and public ethics;
- special affinity with and relationship to Latin America, its challenges and opportunities;
- strategically located in Washington, D.C., with access to public institutions and high-level experts; and network of contacts with professors, U.S. public and private sector leaders, and emerging leaders in Latin America.
Some of Our Custom Programs
Journalist Leadership Program
This was designed to equip Mexican health journalists with new knowledge, meaningful insights, and practical tools and networks to maximize their impact by increasing awareness about public health issues.
Smart Drinking and Responsible Consumption of Alcohol
The two-and-a-half day program allowed stakeholders across sectors—including academia, the private sector, civil society, and government leaders—to actively explore evidence-based and related solutions for positively shifting social norms and individual behaviors around alcohol use in Brazil.
Barna International Weekend
A four-day workshop in Georgetown University for graduate students from Escuela de Alta Dirección Barna to provide participants with analytical frameworks and tools to generate and implement innovative public policies. In collaboration with Barna Business School (Dominican Republic).
Immune Coding Institute
LALP developed a semester-long course in the Humanities and individual coaching to be carried out by Immune Coding Institute (Spain).
Innovation and Leadership in Government (ILG) Brazil
Based on Georgetown’s ILG model, LALP implements every year a 10-day custom program in coordination with the Centro de Estudos Sociedade e Tecnologia (CEST) at the Universidade de São Paulo and the Escola Nacional de Administração Pública (ENAP).
The goals of this program are:
- Foundations: Strengthen foundations of principles of governance and analyze emerging challenges and issues to develop new frameworks for addressing policy issues.
- Innovation in Policy Development: Provide tools for the elaboration and evaluation of viable public policies with high impact for society.
- Diverse Perspectives: Analyze innovative best practices in the implementation and impact of public policies in diverse countries, taking into consideration the inclusion of different sectors to develop truly integral policies.
- Using New Technologies: Empowering public policy leaders to leverage the latest technology for the benefit of society.
- Transformational Leadership: Fortify leadership skills on an individual level, to promote agents of change within government who will impact the organizational culture and greater society.
The third edition of ILG Brazil will be held in Brasilia from November 5-December 12, 2018 as a 3 module 10-day program on technology and innovation, designed for high level public policy leaders from Brazil . Sponsored by Microsoft.