GCL Impact Award
The GCL Impact Award was created by Georgetown University's Latin American Board and the GCL Advisory Committee to recognize Global Competitiveness Leadership Program alumni who have demonstrated outstanding leadership in promoting the multiplier effect of the GCL mission in the Latin American region.
Applications open in January and close in early February. Prize includes round-trip airfare and accommodations to receive the award during the GCL Project Showcase. Winners will also present their impact project to GCL participants and GCL Advisory Committee members. Starting in 2020, GCL Impact Award winners will become honorary GCL Advisory members for one year from the date they receive the award.
2020 GCL Impact Award Deadlines:
- 2020 Applications closed on Friday, February 14, 2020
Past recipients of the GCL Impact Award include:
- Allison Silva, Bolivia, GCL Impact Award 2020
- Melina Masnatta and Sofia Contreras, Argentina, GCL Impact Award 2019
- David Smolansky, Venezuela, GCL Impact Award 2018
- Maria Soledad Nuñez, Paraguay, GCL Impact Award 2017
- Pablo Jaramillo, Colombia, GCL Impact Award 2016
- Alvaro Henzler, Peru, GCL Impact Award 2015
- Felipe Dib, Brazil, GCL Impact Award 2014
- Alejandro Barja Elías, Bolivia, GCL Impact Award2013