GCL Impact Award
The GCL Impact Award was created by Georgetown University's Latin American Board and the LALP Advisory Committee (formerly known as the GCL Advisory Committee) to recognize Global Competitiveness Leadership Program alumni who have demonstrated outstanding leadership in promoting the multiplier effect of the GCL mission in the Latin American region.
Applications open in January and close in early February. The prize includes round-trip airfare and accommodations to receive the award during the GCL Project Showcase. Winners will also present their impact project to GCL participants and LALP Advisory Committee members. Starting in 2020, GCL Impact Award winners will become honorary LALP Advisory Committee members for one year from the date they receive the award. Applications open in January and close in February every year. GCL alumni can submit their GCL Impact Award nominations through the LALP Melian Alumni Platform with their user id and password.
* Until further notice, GCL Impact Award winners will not travel to Washington DC to receive the prize. The award ceremony and project presentations will be done virtually.
2021 GCL Impact Award Winner:
- Kenneth Gent, Chile, GCL Impact Award 2021
Past recipients of the GCL Impact Award include:
- Allison Silva, Bolivia, GCL Impact Award 2020
- Melina Masnatta and Sofia Contreras, Argentina, GCL Impact Award 2019
- David Smolansky, Venezuela, GCL Impact Award 2018
- Maria Soledad Nuñez, Paraguay, GCL Impact Award 2017
- Pablo Jaramillo, Colombia, GCL Impact Award 2016
- Alvaro Henzler, Peru, GCL Impact Award 2015
- Felipe Dib, Brazil, GCL Impact Award 2014
- Alejandro Barja Elías, Bolivia, GCL Impact Award2013